Welcome to Organic North
We’re a member’s run co-operative, the largest and longest-established wholesalers of certified organic produce in the north and from our base on New Smithfield’s Market in Manchester, we’re on a mission to help mend our broken, wasteful and polluting food system. We’ve enjoyed close relationships with some of our farmers for over 25 years and it is on this basis that we have been able to consistently provide UK grocers, veg-box schemes, food processors, buyer’s co-ops and many more besides with their weekly organic fruit & veg.
However, though it remains very gratifying for us to supply so many independent enterprises, the ways to wholesale are numerous and it is specifically the way that we work that generates us so many loyal customers and provides us with the satisfaction to keep on keeping on. We do things quite differently at Organic North and here’s a glimpse as to how:
- Low waste- we run a unique pre-ordering system that ensures that we supply only the freshest/most nutritious produce and stock/waste absolutely no produce- nada, zilcho! Regarding packaging, the vast majority of what we sell is loose and plastic-free. We are constantly looking for compostable alternatives to any plastic that our growers use and we also run a return service for empty boxes so that they can be continuously re-used.
- Fair and competitively priced- organic food should not only be the preserve of the privileged. We were not set up to make profit and as a co-op, having no private shareholders allows us to keep mark-ups low, pay our staff well and settle our suppliers’ invoices quickly.
- Huge range- we pride ourselves on the choice that we’re able to offer our customers year-round. Our weekly offering is the largest in the UK and alongside a broad selection of fruit & veg, we are also able to provide, eggs, dairy, breads, pulses, oils, ferments and plenty more besides. We’ll have some wines and beers on the list pretty soon too.
- Seasonal & local- everything we provide is as locally sourced as possible and our import goods are almost exclusively European. We follow the seasons and if there’s a break in the supply of broccoli or green beans, we’re not air-freighting any in from Kenya, ever! We also appreciate that provenance is important to our customers and therefore all farms and their locations are clearly listed each week on our price-lists.
- Cooperative– we help to establish new growers and support them by providing them with a route to market for their crops, whilst working alongside many fellow co-ops, community interest groups and charities such as the Camphill Trust and Bridge Community Farm.
So, if you’re in the UK and are looking for a supplier of certified organic produce, look no further. Simply fill in the form on the right of the screen, email us on email@example.com or give us a bell on 0161 223 4944 and we’ll do our best to get you started.
Get in Touch
Meet our Producers
Have a look at who we buy from. We’re building up our video library as produce comes into season so keep checking back. Our first video is from Ave Maria Farm in Seville – one of the world’s best producers of organic bitter oranges for making marmalade.
What our pals think about us…
Organic North is an invaluable wholesaler partner for our family business in the Manchester and Yorkshire region. Acorn Dairy organic milk retailers & food service establishments receive the same attention to detail from Organic North, as they would from us directly. The team are informed and enthusiastic about their range, focussed on customer service and are a delight to do business with. Their energy is catching! Highly recommended.
Organic North is the place to go for quality organic produce at competitive prices- always a pleasure to deal with and such a reliable, organised and friendly team. Simply the best!
We love you!
As a supplier for and customer of Organic North I am happy with the helpfulness and friendliness of the team at promoting us as a small artisan producer as well as knowing when I need great quality organic oranges for marmalade at a competitive price, then Organic North are my best option.
Thanks for a great service!
Organic North’s service is really good- everytime we place an order they confirm it and if there are things that are not going to be available they email with an alternative. Their produce is always to a high standard and is very fresh.
It has been, and will continue to be such a pleasure to work with Organic North, a great team who supply excellent produce. The team are friendly, professional and quick to resolve any issues.
We have watched Organic North grow from strength to strength over the years we have been supplying them, but they have been careful to stick to their green roots and are always a total pleasure to work with
We love organic north, they offer great quality, fresh, interesting, tasty organic produce, exceptional service, provided by friendly, funny, professional staff. Well done guys, keep up the good work. 🙂 🙂 🙂
When we originally started working with Organic North, we had to make a few changes internally to be able to work around the logistics of packing fresh product from our nursery on the Isle of Wight and getting it to their depot in time. The efforts were totally worth it and we are really proud of the relationship we’ve grown. They are a pleasure to work with and we hope to be working with them for several years to come!
Organic North are supplying us with a wide range of local fruit and veg for our box scheme all year round, they pay great attention to the quality of the produce and are providing excellent customer service. It’s always a pleasure to work with such an enthusiastic team! Highly recommended